Knox Box Program
Perrysburg Township has a Knox box program to facilitate rapid entry into a structure during an emergency. In November 1997 the Perrysburg Township Board of Trustees passed Resolution No. 26.97 requiring the use of Knox boxes in commercial buildings located in Perrysburg Township.
Since the passage of this Resolution, we have seen the use of the boxes spread from commercial structures to residential structures as well. These boxes allow us to gain access to structures in Perrysburg Township with less damage when there is no one able to let us in and time allows.
TEN REASONS TO INSTALL A KNOX BOX AT YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by firefighters and paramedics, without delay or waiting for keys to arrive.
- Protect inventory, equipment, and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances/resolutions.
- Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your building at 2:00 a.m. for a false alarm.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when you are building is left unattended. The fire department holds the only key to the Knox Box.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from potential damage with this one-time investment.
- Depending on the highest lock box security available with attack resistance, UL tested reliability.
- Over the last 40 years, Knox has been the chosen solution in more than 14,000 communities nationwide.
To Get Your Knox Box Today, click the link below
- In the upper left corner, click “Choose your local fire department agency
- Select “OHIO” under your location and
- Select “Perrysburg Twp Fire Dept” under Local fire department/agency
- Click Search
- Follow the prompts from there
- If you need help, call the Bureau of Fire Prevention at 419-872-8850. We would be happy to assist you.
Click here to see Perrysburg Township Resolution No. 26.97